Insurance is insurance, right? If I can get a policy for my business at a cheaper price- it doesn’t matter who I buy it from.
That’s one way to look at it. But if you look deeper into how your insurance agent’s business is structured, you’ll get a feel for how they’ll treat you down the road and where their interests lie. If you want less heartburn and headaches in the long-run, I think you’ll find the answer to be quite simple.
Captive VS Independent:
Captive Agencies are those big household names where their agents are often restricted to selling insurance products exclusively from that one primary company. This means they don’t have many options for you now or at the time of your renewal when your rates go up. Not only are their options extremely limited, but they are often dependent on their primary insurance company for things like benefits, healthcare and bonuses.
Independent Agencies on the other hand (ie OG Insurance) put our clients’ interests first. We hand pick the carriers we work with based on how they invest their money and how they treat their clients. We believe this is a strong indicator of how they will treat our clients in a time of need. This allows us to get you more options and ensure peace of mind with any carrier we present to you. OG Insurance is truly independent and has the freedom to provide clients with the products and service they deserve.
How can going Independent benefit you?
One Generation Insurance is a 100% independent insurance agency. We represent our clients’ best interests with no strings attached. The following benefits apply to both business and personal home/ auto insurance.
Increased Flexibility – One Stop Shop
- If your policy premium increases for no reason, we are there to find out why and negotiate on your behalf- sometimes this means finding a different carrier that fits your changing needs better.
- Use a different company’s niche
offerings to your advantage.
- For example: Your Commercial Auto policy fits well with one carrier but a different carrier has a tailored Workers Compensation program in your industry. We find options that fit well, no matter the company, and let you pick.
We got your back
- Insurance claims are no fun. In the event of a claim, we are with you from start to finish. If a claim looks like it is being denied, we review your policy language with a magnifying glass to 1) ensure the decision is valid and 2) look for coverage elsewhere in your policy that can be applied. This approach has saved our clients hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- If you tell a captive agent their price is too high, their lack of options may tempt them to remove some coverages to lower their price. We understand that better coverage today can save you more money down the road. The multitude of markets One Generation Insurance has access to allows for comprehensive coverages at competitive prices.
Shopping for insurance can seem overwhelming. Make it easy by calling OG Insurance and let us do the shopping for you.
If you have any questions about the information in this article or want to explore the idea of going independent, send us your contact info or call 703-951-7304 Option 1. (all phones go direct to a local cage-free human).